The following requirements must be satisfied for admission:
- Applicants must have received a baccalaureate degree in any field, from an accredited institution prior to start of classes in the Doctor of Physical Therapy program.
- GRE is required, score reports should be sent directly to the Department of Physical Therapy, Admissions Committee.
- Possess a minimum overall GPA of 3.0/4.0 in all required prerequisite courses . No required courses with a grade below "C" are accepted.
- Possess a minimum of 3.0/4.0 cumulative GPA in the required sciences courses.
- Math and Science courses must have been completed within seven years of application.
- Complete the PTCAS application and all other admissions requirements by the deadline (December 15th).
- Complete application for Graduate study, including payment of $75 non-refundable application fee (debit or credit only).
- Create a video presentation lasting no more than 5 minutes.
- Fully complete and print the prerequisite worksheet and the application checklist -- mail/submit to the Department of Physical Therapy.
- The Admissions Committee may invite candidates who meet the admission requirements for an interview.
- Candidates will be selected following a competitive evaluation process.
Please return the supplemental application package to:
Physical Therapy Department
Division of Allied Health Sciences
Annex I - Room B16
516 Bryant St., NW,
Washington, DC 20059
Howard University Equal Opportunity Policy
The mission of Howard University includes the provision of quality education for any student, but with emphasis upon the provision of educational opportunities for those students who may not otherwise have an opportunity to acquire an education of the type provided at Howard. In fulfilling its mission, the University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, marital status, religion, or handicap in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and other University administered programs and employment.
Howard University is committed to equal opportunity in all aspects of its relations with faculty, students, and staff members, without regard to race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, marital status, religion, age, or handicap. The requirement not to discriminate in education programs and activities extends to employment therein and admission therein.