Mission and Vision
Howard University's Division of Allied Health Sciences offers undergraduate and graduate programs for students pursuing careers in the health sciences. The Division is dedicated to attracting, developing, and sustaining a highly qualified and specialized faculty. By promoting excellence through teaching, research, and service, the Division creates and academic atmosphere that encourages critical analysis, creative thinking, and commitment to lifelong learning. Special attention is given to the recruitment and graduation of African-American and other underrepresented groups with high academic potential. Graduates are prepared to assume leadership roles and provide health services to the underserved and global communities.
The Division of Allied Health Sciences strives to become a highly recognized, state-of –the-art, self-sufficient professional school comprised of exceptional faculty, staff, students, and alumni who are recognized nationally and internationally for their leadership excellence in health care.
Our core values are consistent with the University and the College of Nursing and Allied Health Sciences:
On an annual basis we strive to achieve:
- Successful accreditation across all 7 programs
- On time graduation across all programs
- First time board passage scores to meet or exceed the national norm across disciplines
- Graduating compassionate, culturally sensitive, competent practitioners
- Attracting and maintaining a culturally diverse, high caliber, student population of high integrity