Interviewing at HUCM
Each year, the Admissions committee conducts interviews with about 300 applicants.
- Interviews are by invitation only.
- Invitations to interview are sent email, approximately three weeks prior to the desired interview date.
- Interviews usually take place between late September through April, usually on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- A typical interview day will include presentations detailing the HUCM history and mission, an overview of the curriculum, tours, financial aid seminar and lunch with students.
- Interviewees will have at least one 30–45 minute interview with member of faculty.
It is important to us that prospective students “get to know Howard.” Therefore, interviewees should anticipate spending most of the day on campus.
Learn more about visiting the College of Medicine.
From a fourth-year student:
"We are a family unit that takes our mission to serve the underserved very seriously. Our volunteer missions, community service projects, and research presentations are initiated, organized, managed, and run by student efforts."