Become a Volunteer
Four (4) easy steps to becoming a volunteer at Howard University Hospital:
- Orientations held the third Tuesdays of January, February, March, May, September and October.
- Interview scheduled at the time of the orientation.
- Background check obtained by the hospital.
- Medical examination including: history, immunization records, tuberculosis examinations and pediatric placement; nose and throat cultures and stool samples are needed.
Our mission and goals
- Volunteering at Howard University Hospital means making a meaningful difference in the lives of others and gaining personal satisfaction.
- To support hospital staff in providing the ultimate in health care services to the customer
- To introduce prospective health care workers to health careers through observation in the clinical and allied health areas and/or service to the customers
- To provide the Metropolitan community the opportunity to participate in hospital programs
- To serve as liaison between the volunteer community and the administration
- To recruit multicultural volunteers
- To ensure that all volunteers are recognized for the services rendered